My research is in quantum information processing, with a focus on the study of decoherence, inaccuracy and errors in quantum computation and communication. I am especially interested in:
- Quantum noise models
- Quantum computations in experimentally realistic conditions
- Quantum cryptography and communication protocols in experimentally realistic conditions and against quantum adversaries
- Quantum information representations
- Quantum channels capacities
PUBLICATIONS AND RECENT ACTIVITY
- Felloni, S. and Strini, G., A complete review on quantum diagrams of states: Methods and applications, Thomas S. Clary (Ed.): "Horizons in Computer Science Research, V. 2", Nova Science Publishers, (2010) Ch. 11, PDF.
- Felloni, S. and Strini, G., An error model for the Cirac-Zoller CNOT gate, A. Sergienko, S. Pascazio, and P. Villoresi (Eds.): Quantum Communication and Quantum Networking, Revised Selected Papers, QuantumCom2009 LNICST 36, (2010) 210-219; arXiv:0909.3783[quant-ph].
- Felloni, S. and Strini, G., Entanglement-based quantum computing by diagrams of states, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Sciences 5:4 2009 202-212.
- Felloni, S., Leporati, A. and Strini, G., Diagrams of states in quantum information: An illustrative tutorial, International Journal of Unconventional Computing V. 6, N. 3-4 (2010), 197-221; arXiv:0904.2656[quant-ph].
- Benenti, G., Felloni, S. and Strini, G., Effects of single-qubit quantum noise on entanglement purification, European Physical Journal D 38 (2006), 389-396; arXiv:quant-ph/0505177.
Recent presentations and events:
- Organizer of the Post-Quantum Security Models 2010 workshop at Télécom ParisTech, Paris, FR [11-12/10/10]
- Organizer and chair of the Quantum Communication Workshop 2010 at UNIK, Kjeller, NO; talk: Quantum errors in quantum communication [01/02/2010]
- QuantumComm2009 - International Conference on Quantum Communication and Quantum Networking,talk: An error model for the Cirac-Zoller CNOT gate, Vico Equense, IT [30/10/2009]
- Invited talk at the World Congress on Science, Engineering and Technology: Diagrams of states and error models in quantum information processing, Oslo, NO [29/07/2009]
Other recent activity:
- TFE4530 Photonics, Specialization Project: Mathematica implementations of basic quantum computations - In the framework of the Wolfram Demonstrations Project, we develop an interactive visualization of basic quantum operations and computations, by reproducing their representation and functioning by diagrams of states; NTNU - Department of Electronics and Telecommunications (IET).
QUANTUM INFORMATION WORKSHOPS
I enjoy organizing workshops in Quantum Information, Cryptography and Computation:
- Post-Quantum Security Models 2010 - Cryptography and Security in a Post-quantum World
- Quantum Communication Workshop 2010 - Quantum Communication: State and Perspectives
- Quantum Computing Workshop 2008 - Possibilities and Limitations of Quantum Computers
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAREER
February 2009 - March 2010
ERCIM '"Alain Bensoussan" fellowship awarded by the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM
); postdoctoral research fellow at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU
), Department of Electronics and Telecommunications - IET
, Trondheim, NO, and UNIK
- University Graduate Center, Kjeller, NO.
October 2005 - February 2009
Thesis in Quantum Computing entitled "Decoherence, Errors and Noise Effects in Quantum Information Processing", supervised by Prof. G. Strini
and Dr. A. O. Leporati.
October 1999 - April 2005
Thesis in Quantum Computing entitled "Entanglement Purification in Quantum Cryptography", supervised by Prof. G. Strini
, Prof. M. Galuzzi and Prof. S. Kasangian.